Write a 1000 word short story about ‘community’ for your chance to win £100 National Book Token and publication in an anthology.
We are still finalising some details ‘behind the scenes’, but we would like to tell you the following…
The cost of entry is dependent on the category:
Category A: Adult (18+) £5.00
Category B: Young Person (12-17) £2.50
Category C: Child (Up to 12) £1.00
Special Offer: Groups of 30 get 50% off cost of relevant age category. Perfect for schools, colleges, universities or writing groups.
The winner of each category will win:
– £100 National Book Token giftcard,
– Engraved trophy,
– Publication in an anthology (free copy of anthology to winner of each category)
– Each winning short story will be ‘performed’ at the Saltash May Fair.
Runners up of each category will receive:
– Publication in an anthology (discounted anthology for each runner up)
– Short story to be no more than 1000 words,
– To be written on the theme of ‘community’,
– You have to live in the UK,
– Deadline is 31st March 2017,
– It doesn’t matter if you’ve been published before or never published at all. This will not be taken into consideration at all during the judging,
– By entering you are agreeing that, if you are shortlisted or win a category, rights for your short story will be given entirely to the Saltash May Fair Committee for publication in an anthology.
Profits from the anthology will belong to the organisation and will be used to fund the future of the competition or donated to charity. In the event that the competition fails to be repeated, the profits will be used to fund the Saltash May Fair event or donated to charity.
We will be publishing all winning entries and runners up in an anthology that will be on sale from the 29th April 2016 (the date of the Saltash May Fair).
We are currently in conversation with various published writers, academic bodies and other literary professionals for involvement with judging. News of judges will be released soon.
Send pdf format of entries to firstname.lastname@example.org
Send physical copies to: Saltash Short Story Competition, Saltash May Fair, 4 Castle View, St Stephens, Saltash, Cornwall, PL12 4RD.
Please ensure that names and personal details are not included on the entries. A covering letter or email should accompany all entries with: name, address, and age category.
This covering letter/email will be the only way to identify the corresponding entry and will not be available to the judges at the time of assessing the entry.